His Excellency the Prime Minister of the Republic of Guinea (Ibrahim Kasuri) issued a decision appointing His Excellency Dr. Eng. Ali Mohamed El Khoury, Advisor to the Council of Arab Economic Unity and Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Arab Federation for Digital Economy in the League of Arab States, as a Special Adviser to the Guinean Government to benefit from his expertise in the field of digital transformation and the development of the foundations of the digital economy.
His Excellency the Prime Minister of the Republic of Guinea, during his meeting with the delegation of the Council of Arab Economic Unity, praised the accumulated experiences of Dr. Ali Muhammad Al-Khoury, which resulted in his classification in 2018 as one of the 100 most important international figures who contributed to the development of digital government applications worldwide, and came in 23rd place and as the only Arab figure, published by the Apolitical Foundation, which is supported by the European Union and the World Economic Forum.
On his part, His Excellency Dr. Ali Mohamed El-Khoury thanks and appreciation to the Guinean government for this confidence of the Guinean government by appointing him a special advisor, expressing his readiness to work with the ministerial team formed by the Guinean government, to develop and support economic and social transformation plans in the Republic of Guinea and circulate them to neighboring African countries.
Al-Khoury extended his thanks and appreciation to the leadership of the UAE for supporting and empowering Emirati youth, and the state’s keenness to produce and disseminate knowledge inside and outside its borders and to harness its capabilities in the service of sustainable development in Arab societies and the international community, a wise vision that His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum is keen to implement. Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai.
He also extended his thanks and gratitude, on his behalf and on behalf of the Council of Arab Economic Unity and the League of Arab States, to His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces, for his support of the joint Arab strategic vision project for the digital economy, and for its lofty goals of supporting social and economic stability In the Arab countries, which today exceeded to reach outside the scope of the Arab region.
Al-Khoury also thanked Lt. General Sheikh Saif bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Interior, for his constant follow-up to this project and his vision for this project to support the concepts of innovation, creativity and the employment of technology in the Arab region for the good of peoples and countries.
Also, Dr. Al-Khoury thanks and appreciation to His Excellency the Secretary-General of the League of Arab States and His Excellency the Secretary-General of the Council of Arab Economic Unity for their support and opening the way for this Arab-African cooperation.
About the biography of His Excellency Dr. Ali Mohamed El Khoury:
- He holds a Doctorate of Engineering in Strategic Project Management from the prestigious University of Wreck, a Master of Science in Information Management from the School of Management Sciences, Lancaster University, and a Bachelor of Science in Information Technology from the University of Manchester, UK.
- Fellow and Professor of the British Institute of Technology in London – he was awarded the degree of “Professor” in 2012.
- He was ranked in 2018 as one of the 100 most important international figures who contributed to the development of digital government applications worldwide, as he came in 23rd place and as the only Arab figure, published by the Apolitical Foundation, which is supported by the European Union and the World Economic Forum.
- He is currently an advisor to the Council of Arab Economic Unity and responsible for the Arab digital economy file in the League of Arab States. He also holds the position of a prominent government official in the United Arab Emirates.
- He held several advisory positions in various international institutions, most notably the United Nations, the European Union, the World Economic Forum and the Council of Arab Economic Unity in the League of Arab States.
- He is considered one of the thinkers and researchers in the field of government development, strategic planning and government project management, and is interested in building sustainable knowledge societies and the foundations for developing and managing digital economies.
- He has more than 100 books and scientific research, and the United Nations Library in New York and Washington has classified these books as “valuable and valuable scientific sources.”
- He participated in the preparation of various international studies and reports with the United Nations, the World Economic Forum and the League of Arab States, and was honored and awarded dozens of local and international awards.
- With more than 28 years of experience, he supervised the management and implementation of a large number of successful infrastructure projects in the public sector in the UAE, and contributed to the completion of the UAE government’s plan to implement the national identity project.
- The projects he has accomplished have received wide local and international praise, and appreciation awards from the UAE government, and international organizations such as the United Nations as best practices in the public sector.
- He has more than 20 intellectual property in various administrative and technological fields, including methodologies and frameworks to address many of the challenges faced by organizations worldwide.
- He contributed to the establishment of the Arab Federation for E-Commerce in 2016 and the Arab Federation for the Digital Economy in 2018, affiliated with the Council of Arab Economic Unity in the League of Arab States, as institutions that contribute to supporting the Arab digital transformation and the growth of Arab economies.
- He participated in leading the project team for the development of the joint Arab strategic vision for the digital economy, which aims to build the foundations of social and economic stability by employing advanced technologies in developing vital sectors such as education, health, industry and agriculture in the Arab region.